If you are going to host Shlink yourself, you need to make sure your server fulfils its requirements:
- PHP 7.2 or greater with JSON, intl, curl, PDO and gd extensions enabled (APCu extension is recommended if youdon't plan to use swoole).
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite.
- The swoole PHP extension (if you plan to serve Shlink with swoole) or the web server of your choice with PHP integration (Apache or Nginx).
- Download the latest distributable file and decompress it at the location of your choice
- Create an empty database (not necessary if you are going to use SQLite).
- Recursively grant write permissions to the
- Setup the application by running the
bin/installscript. It will guide you through the installation process.
- Optionally, you can create a symlink to the
bin/cliscript in a folder which is in your path.
/usr/local/binfor linux systems. This will allow you to easily run shlink from anywhere in the command line.
- Configure your system to be able to serve Shlink:
- Generate your first API key by running
bin/cli api-key:generate. You will need the key in order to interact with shlink's API.
- Finally access to https://app.shlink.io and configure your server to start creating short URLs.